Message sent from:

Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Information

Click here for the SEND policy

The Local Offer - what does it mean for schools?

 What is the Kirklees Local Offer?

The Local Offer has been developed as part of the Children and Families Act. It aims to provide information on educatiKion, health and social care provision available for disabled children and young people and those with special educational needs.

Who is producing the Local Offer?

Kirklees council work with parents, carers, young people, schools, colleges, early years providers and health services to produce the Local Offer.

Where can I find the Local Offer?

The Kirklees Local Offer can be found at http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/localoffer

This is a work in progress. Kirklees Council and partners are working hard to create a Local Offer that includes links to all relevant information that Kirklees residents would find useful. If you have any suggestions for improvements or ideas about what might help you, contact LocalOffer@kirklees.gov.uk

What information do schools provide?

Schools have a duty to provide information about special educational needs that is accessible to pupils, parents and carers.   Our School's Information Report can be found here.

Hit enter to search